About the Marine Room
An endless theater of sand, sea and sky. A warm hospitality that is perfect, yet effortless. A cuisine both exquisitely French and delightfully Californian. Guests return to The Marine Room all year, indeed all their lives, for reasons they alone know. On the surf in La Jolla.
Executive Chef Bernard Guillas has crafted a rare mix of unique, global flavors that pair perfectly with the restaurant’s uncompromising service and dramatic beachfront setting. It’s no wonder The Marine Room has become a true San Diego landmark.
Simply stated, this is fine dining at its finest.
- Top 100 Most Scenic Restaurants in America: OpenTable (2019)
- Readers’ Choice Award for Best Special Occasion Restaurant: Ranch & Coast Magazine (2019)
- Best Beach Restaurant in California: TheDailyMeal.com (2019)
- Most Romantic Restaurant: San Diego Union Tribune Best of (2018)
- Best French Restaurant in San Diego: California Restaurant Association, SD Chapter (2018)
- Four Diamond Rating: AAA (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- One of the 25 Best Beach Restaurants in America: The Daily Meal (2018)
- Best Water View: San Diego Magazine (2018)